Albano Law, LLC is a civil litigation firm focused on meeting the needs of clients throughout Massachusetts. An experienced civil trial attorney, Mark J. Albano represents individuals, businesses and other organizations in a broad array of civil cases and disputes, ranging from serious personal injury cases and related insurance coverage issues to business disputes and alternative dispute resolution matters.
Attorney Albano has more than 33 years of legal experience in insurance claims litigation. His extensive background in insurance coverage and defense work gives him a unique understanding of how insurance carriers view and manage personal injury, accident and other types of liability claims. When a client has been injured or suffers a loss or damages, Attorney Albano utilizes his extensive knowledge of insurance industry processes and practices to identify and analyze all potential insurance policies and coverages that may be available. Mr. Albano understands how insurance carriers work to defend against liability claims and limit payouts to injured parties. This knowledge and perspective are unique resources. They allow Mr. Albano the ability to craft effective legal strategies that provide his clients the best chance of securing a fair and proper recovery.
In every case handled, Albano Law, LLC utilizes its unique resources and perspective to obtain outstanding results. Throughout his legal career, Attorney Albano has developed a proven track record. He has been involved in hundreds of cases that have resulted in substantial verdicts and settlements, including by way of brief example:
- Handling an insurance defense related injury case which resulted in a $24 million settlement.
- Serving as trial counsel in a patent and breach of license agreement case where the jury awarded the plaintiff a judgment of $1.9 million, which, with interest, exceeded $3.5 million.
- Handling several insurance defense related injury cases which resulted in settlements ranging from $1 million to $5 million.
- Representing an adolescent who suffered the amputation of his right hand and arm below the elbow in a complex liability and insurance coverage case. The child prevailed on summary judgment establishing insurance coverage under a $100,000 policy which resulted in a settlement for more than $1 million under confidential terms.
- Representing a child who suffered lead paint poisoning in litigation that resulted in a $750,000 settlement.
- Representing an individual who sustained a traumatic brain injury in a motor vehicle collision in litigation that resulted in a $700,000 settlement.
- Representing an individual who sustained a leg fracture in litigation which resulted in a $500,000 jury verdict.
- Serving as an arbitrator in a personal injury case arising from a motor vehicle collision resulting award of $232,000.
Albano Law, LLC also draws upon Attorney Albano’s decades of legal experience to counsel clients involved in a diverse range of business disputes. He understands that the time, resources and costs associated with taking a case to trial can be overwhelming. His focus is on developing solutions that resolve problems quickly, fairly and effectively while minimizing resulting cost and frustration. Albano Law, LLC has developed an alternative dispute resolution (ADR) practice that is widely respected throughout the Massachusetts legal community. Lawyers and law firms know and trust Attorney Albano’s professionalism, legal skills, and integrity and regularly retain him to mediate and arbitrate their civil cases, including significant business disputes, personal injury and death claims, and related insurance claims and coverage matters.
Commitment to the Community
At Albano Law, LLC we believe in active community involvement. Attorney Albano is a member of numerous professional associations, including the American and Massachusetts Bar Associations, Massachusetts Academy of Trial Lawyers and the American Association for Justice. He has been elected President of the Hampden County Bar Association, which this year celebrates its 150th Anniversary with more than 1,000 members, and has been a member of its Board of Directors for more than 20 years. He has also served as chair for both the Mediation and ADR Program and the Superior Court Bench Bar Committee.
Mr. Albano is regularly called upon to share his legal knowledge and experience with lawyers and judges throughout Massachusetts. He has presented at numerous seminars on insurance coverage, civil litigation and other legal topics and has published several guides for continuing legal education programs.
Attorney Albano also provides pro bono services to individuals in need of skilled legal representation. He had also served as a member of the Federal CJA Defender Panel since 1986. There, he represented indigent federal criminal defendants in the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts and in the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, all an effort to address the acute shortage of available counsel.
Contact Albano Law, LLC
Albano Law, LLC is a Massachusetts civil litigation firm committed to providing individualized service and quality representation. If you have questions about our legal practice or would like to schedule a free consultation with Attorney Mark J. Albano, please call 413.736.3500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.