Massachusetts Civil Litigation Lawyer
Mark J. Albano is the principal of Albano Law, LLC. Attorney Albano has more than 33 years of civil litigation experience, with a primary emphasis on significant personal injury claims and related insurance coverage cases. He represents a diverse range of clients, including individuals, entrepreneurs, not-for-profit organizations, small and mid-sized companies and Fortune 500 corporations.
A seasoned Massachusetts civil litigation lawyer, Mr. Albano counsels clients in a broad array of legal matters, with a particular focus on insurance coverage in personal injury matters, wrongful death, catastrophic injuries, business litigation and alternative dispute resolution. He draws upon his years of experience as a trial attorney to develop creative legal approaches aimed at achieving outstanding results for his clients.
Strong Reputation in the Massachusetts Legal Community
Throughout his decades of legal practice, Attorney Albano has built a strong reputation within the Massachusetts legal community. He is widely respected by his peers for his legal skills, professionalism, integrity and sound judgment. Mr. Albano has been recognized in the 2015 Edition of U.S. News - Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms.” Mr. Albano has also been named to Boston Magazine’s list of “Super Lawyers in Massachusetts” from 2008-2014 in the area of business litigation. He has also been awarded the highest honor of AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell.
In addition to his experience as a civil litigation lawyer, lawyers and law firms throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts regularly retain Mr. Albano to mediate and arbitrate their cases. He is a panel arbitrator with the American Arbitration Association and is actively involved in numerous local, state and federal professional associations, including the Hampden County Bar Association, where he serves as a member of the Board of Directors. In addition he has chaired and is a member of the Superior Court Bench Bar Committee and is a member of the Mediation and ADR Program of the Hampden County Bar Association.
- Hampden County Bar Association: President (2008-2009); Board of Directors (1990-Present); Chair, Superior Court Bench Bar Committee (2004-2007), member (2008 to present)
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Lawyers
- American Arbitration Association, Panel Arbitrator
- American Association for Justice
- Massachusetts Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Federal CJA Defender Panel, 1986 to 2013
Honors & Awards
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating, Martindale- Hubbell since 1986
- “Massachusetts Super Lawyer” Boston Magazine, 2008-2014
- 2015 Edition of U.S. News - Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms.
- Chapter 93A Rights and Remedies; Ch. 8 Procedural Issues, J.M. Greaney, et al. (MCLE, 1989 with 2007 Supplement)
- The Standards for Irreparable Harm in Massachusetts, (MCLE, 1991), reprinted in The Best of MCLE (1992)
- Lecturer, The Flaschner Judicial Institute
- Lecture on various civil litigation topics as part of a professional education program for Massachusetts judges.
- Lecturer, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Evidence for the Civil Litigator
- Chapters 93A and 176D Update
- How to Handle a Ch. 93A and 176D Case
- Insurance Coverage Issues in Automobile Cases
- Lecturer, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education
- Insurance Coverage
- Summary Judgment
- Evidentiary Issues in at Trial in Superior Court
- Preliminary Injunctions
- Direct and Cross-Examination of Expert Witnesses
- Ch. 93A Practice and Procedures
- Practical Skills Course on Civil Litigation
Professional & Community Involvement
- Town of Wilbraham Zoning Board of Appeals, Associate Member, 2000-Present
- Elms College, Paralegal and Legal Studies Program Advisory Board
- Massachusetts Bar Foundation, Life Member